written by Aleksandar Debeljak
Social media today is a tool that almost all companies use. If used properly, social media can help your company strengthen your brand, create more leads, and ultimately give your company more customers. But unfortunately, many companies have difficulty in utilizing the various social media platforms properly.
Building a strong brand through social media takes time and requires commitment, but with the right kind of marketing strategy your brand will grow. These tips below will help you create a strong brand by using social media in the right way.
8 tips for a stronger brand from your social media effortsSince there are many different social media platforms, choose the one your target audience uses for your company to succeed.Click To Tweet
1. First and foremost, it is important to choose the right social media platform to use for your company. Since there are many different platforms, choose the one your target audience uses for your company to succeed. If your company focuses on B2B, it is better to choose LinkedIn instead of, for example, Instagram. In order to easily find out which social media platform best suits your company it’s smart to develop a buyer persona to understand your targeted audience.
2. Share content that is informative and relevant to your audience. The 80/20 rule is the cardinal rule of social media. It states that 80% of your social media posts should inform, educate, and entertain your audience, whiIe only 20% should directly promote your business. By embracing the interests of your targeted audience, you are giving them a compelling reason to continue following your brand. Keep in mind that the content you choose to share is consistent with your brand image.
Be sure to share different types of content, such as images, videos, or blog posts to measure what generates the most visibility. Using visual content is important if you want to be seen, statistics show that visual content on Twitter gets 94% more impressions than regular text posts.
You can also use humor to build your brand on social media. But keep in mind that if you’re unsure how your followers will react, it’s ok to skip that kind of post. Avoid sharing content that may reflect badly on your company. Keep track of your competitors and how they work with their social media. It’s wise to see what kind of content they share and then try to make it even better.
3. Use relevant influencers to strengthen your brand. If you want to get their attention, it may be good to have their names when you want to share a post or if you write an article, you can use their content as source reference. The goal of this is that they start sharing your posts with their social media followers. It is a process that takes time but if you are consistent and share qualitative content, your efforts will be felt.
4. Set goals for your social media. What do you want to get from your social media efforts? What goals have you set up? In order to answer these questions, it’s a good idea to use a calendar where you have set up dates and type of content you share. It makes it easier to stay consistent and helps you measure your goal because you constantly know what content you want to share and when it’s to be shared. Remember that you need a social media strategy to achieve your goals.
5. Engage your followers. A great way to interact with your followers is to give them the opportunity to communicate with you. For example, you could create a special hashtag on Twitter that serves as a discussion forum asking questions and giving answers. It may also be wise to create competitions or giveaways for increased engagement.
6. Think about how your company behaves on social media. It is usually said that “honesty lasts the longest” and in this case it is appropriate for social media. According to a survey, consumers found that honesty, kindness and helpfulness are the three most important principles of social media.
7. Don’t forget to create a strong profile. Many companies make this mistake. The largest companies do not need to think about this because they are already well-known but if your company wants to be clear and describe what you are doing it is extremely important to stand out from the crowd. Since your profile description should be short, it is best to describe the company with one or two sentences, see it as an elevator pitch.
8. Encourage Employee Advocacy. It gives people the opportunity to get more insight into your business by allowing employees to spread the company’s message to their own networks, which will help create additional engagement. Customers today no longer rely on traditional advertising, they care more about what others have to say about a product or company.
Statistics show that regular employees are more credible than the CEO of the company. Another advantage of Employer Advocacy is that the company’s brand gets a greater spread, an employee who uses Facebook contributes on average four clicks to the content they share.
Which channels are effective for your company
If your company is investing in B2B, the differences between the different platforms are evident. Statistics show that LinkedIn and Twitter are by far the most effective platforms for companies that want to strengthen their brand and connect with their targeted audience in the B2B sector.
Image source: Sprout Social
If your company chooses to invest in B2C, there are considerable differences between the the platforms. Here, statistics show that Facebook is the dominant platform for companies that want to improve their brand within the B2C sector. However, with more eyes tuned to videos on social media, YouTube is a great platform to have a presence because it’s estimated that 80% of all search traffic will come from video in 2019.
Image source: Content Marketing Institute
Overall, you shouldn’t be using any social media channels just to use them. You should focus on where your targeted audience is and put your time and effort in engaging them which in return will grow your brand recognition. If you try to be on every platform and don’t have the time to manage it correctly, you can hurt your brand.
To build a strong brand through social media, commitment and patience are needed. But if you use these tips, your brand will grow. Being honest and helpful is essential for success. In addition, think about where your target audience is, if you do not know where they are, you will not be visible either. Instead of being available on all social media, it’s better to limit to a few, saving both time and money.
By having a clear content marketing strategy and communication with your followers, social media can be a useful tool for your company.
How do you work to strengthen your company’s brand on social media? Write your feedback in the comments field below.
Have your social media efforts not shown the desired effect?
Receive a free evaluation of your company’s social media account.